Puzzleman Productions is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act).
When you engage us to provide you with any goods or services, communicate with us via email, phone, in writing, participate in any of our promotional activities, or use any of our other services, including our website, you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of the types of personal Information we collect include:
• identity particulars including your name, address, telephone numbers and e-mail address
• personal information you provide to us when you participate in a promotion, competition, promotional activity, survey, market research or subscribe to our mailing list
• records of your communication with us
• website usage information as noted in the website use information component of this document.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including written correspondence via email, text message, direct messaging apps, telephone conversations, via our website www.puzzlemanproductions.com.au, from other publicly available sources, from cookies and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to you and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
How we may use and disclose your personal information
We may use your personal information for:
• the primary purposes for which it was collected, such as those described above;
• administering and responding to your enquiry or feedback about our products and/or services;
• conducting, and allowing you to participate in, a promotion, competition, promotional activity, survey, market research or customer behavioural activity;
• promoting and marketing our current and future products and services to you, informing you of upcoming events and special promotions and offers and analysing our products and services so as to improve and develop new products and services (but giving you the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing);
• improving the operation of our websites.
We may disclose personal information we collect from you:
• to our related companies, suppliers, consultants, contractors or agents for the primary proposes for which it was collected or for other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected. For example, your name and telephone number may be disclosed to our supplier to enable that supplier to respond to your request for information about a particular product;
• for direct marketing by Puzzleman Productions. We will include our contact details in any direct marketing giving you the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing.
• where the law requires or authorises us to do so;
• to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
• with your consent (express or implied), to others.
Personal information collected from you is not shared with or sold to other organisations for commercial purposes. However, we may use third parties to facilitate functions within our business including but not limited to sending emails, processing of contact forms, contracts and payment information. These third parties may have access to your personal information for use in connection with those business activities.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in several circumstances including the following:
• Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
• Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Puzzleman Productions will not charge any fee for your access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
Website use and Cookie information
Marketing and Opting-Out
We may use your personal information for:
• promoting and marketing of our current and future products and services;
• informing you of upcoming events and special promotions and offers; and
• analysing our products and services to improve and develop new products and services.
We may exchange your personal information between our related entities and so they can also assist in the marketing of our products and services to you.
We will only offer you products or services, where we reasonably believe that they could be of interest or benefit to you.
At the point we collect information from you, you may be asked to “opt in” to consent to us using or disclosing your personal information. You may “opt out” from receiving these communications by clicking on an unsubscribe link at the end of an email or by contacting us with this request.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
This Policy was last updated 23rd April 2019
Who to contact for more information?